Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Tree Bliss

I don't know why I can't seem to stay away from that tree.  It was intriguing when They brought it home last week, but other than drinking the water, I didn't find it terribly seductive.  Last night, however, They put the lights on, then these beautiful silver and purple balls and, well, now I just can't stay away.  I'm not sure why They would hang such tempting toys just out of reach and chastise me when I get closer to the glorious prize.  Like Tantalus, I long for what I cannot have.  In the mea
ntime, I shall satiate myself with sips from the water bowl holding the tree and scraps of fuzzy branches that I'm able to dismember from the tree itself.  Soon enough I shall get my paws on the delicious silver orb that now mocks me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment